- Marion is committed to smoke-free, nicotine-free and tobacco-free parks and trails. This includes ball fields, recreation activities and special events.
- All parks close at 10 p.m. by City Ordinance
- All pets MUST be kept on a leash in all park areas, including the walking trail and Oak Shade Cemetery.
- Pets are not allowed in pavilions or within 100 feet of food vendors, playground equipment, ball fields or the swimming pool.
- Pet owners are required to clean up after their pets.
- Pets are not allowed at large community functions such as City Square or Lowe Parks.
TRAIL ETIQUETTE AND SAFETY
- Horses and motorized vehicles are not allowed on any city trails.
- Stay alert, walk/ride to the right side of the path and announce “Passing on your left,” when passing another user on the trail.
- Snowmobiles are prohibited from all city parks and trails.
Alcohol permits are required for Lowe Park and Thomas Park Safe Room facility rentals if you intend to serve alcohol at your function. Requests are reviewed by the Marion Park Board with a $25 non-refundable application fee. No kegs or hard liquor are permitted.
For park pavilion rentals, kegs or hard liquor are not permitted per city ordinance.