The Marion Fire Department is excited to provide residents with a unique way to experience the firefighting career through the Citizens' Fire Academy. The academy includes both classroom instruction and hands-on experiences. The academy will be held every Monday night from 6-9 p.m. for 8 weeks at Fire Station No. 2, located at 3933 Katz Drive in Marion.
The 2020 Citizen academy dates are TBD. Requirements to participate are below:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age
- Applicants between the ages of 16 and 18 may apply to participate with a parent or legal guardian.
- Applicants must reside within the Marion fire response district.
To better understand the nature of firefighting and the hazards and rewards that go along with it, consider applying to be part of this hands-on educational experience.
- Apply here
- Class size is limited.
- A $20 fee will help offset material costs, payable the first night of class.
- Applications are due by 6 p.m. on TBD.
Contact the Marion Fire Department at 319-377-8237 for more information.