Electrical phases of construction are inspected by combination inspectors who check for compliance with local Codes.
Homeowners of a Single-Family Dwelling who live in the house and will be performing the electrical work themselves can pull an electrical permit authorizing them to perform the electrical portion of the project.
The City of Marion strongly recommends that homeowners without a basic understanding of electrical wiring hire a qualified electrical contractor who will be responsible for pulling the permit and for the work being completed.
- Review the Electrical Code of the Marion City Code
- Complete the application or stop in to pull the permit in person
- Submit application with appropriate fee or write Credit Card at the top for those with one on file to one the following:
- Community Development - Building Services, 1225 6th Avenue, Suite 220, Marion, IA 52302
- Via fax - 319-373-4260
Once your application has been submitted, staff will process the request and issue a permit immediately. If your application was sent to Building Services, the issued permit will be emailed to the email address provided on the application. If you apply in person, you will leave with an issued permit.
- Electrical Guidelines for Homeowners
- Ch. 162, Electrical Code
- Electrical Code Appeal Application
- State of Iowa - Electrical Examining Board Licensing