Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Q:How do I file a general complaint or one in regard to biased-based profiling?

  • Q:How can I get my fingerprints taken?

  • Q:How do I find out whether any sex offenders are living in my area?

  • Q:I locked my keys in my car. Can the Police help me?

  • Q:Can I sell something door-to-door?

  • Q:How do I obtain a record of everything I've been convicted of in the past?

  • Q:Can the Police Department help me obtain a Restraining Order?

  • Q:How can I obtain a copy of my accident report or other reports?

  • Q:If my vehicle is towed, how do I get my vehicle released?

  • Q:How do I find out whether my car registration is current?

  • Q:How do I submit a crime tip?

  • Q:How do I make a report?

  • Q:How do I get a copy of my driving record?

  • Q:How do I find out whether my driver's license is valid?

  • Q:Does Newton have a curfew for juveniles?

  • Q:What are Newton's noise regulations?

  • Q:What State statutes do Newton officers use?

  • Q:My dog/cat is missing. Did the Animal Control Officer pick it up?

  • Q:Where do I park if I'm taking the train out of town?