While not all crimes can be prevented, we hope to provide you with information to increase your safety and your awareness of potential dangers. Our crime prevention information pages cover areas such as personal safety, identity theft and information about stalking.
- Identity Theft – One of the most common crimes in the United States. The information listed includes methods of identity theft, how to protect yourself and what to do if you are a victim.
- Personal Safety – Tips to increase your personal safety while at home, in public and in your vehicle.
- Vacation Home Safety – Things to consider before leaving on vacation and how to submit a Vacation House Watch form online.
- Home/Business Safety – Things to consider to protect your home and business. We have designed a Home Safety Inspection to allow you to check your home and determine possible safety issues.
- Vehicle Burglary/Theft Prevention – A list of tips to help prevent your vehicle from being broken into or stolen.
- Shoplifting Prevention – Information for businesses to help prevent shoplifting.
- Stalking – The Kansas Stalking Law and information about what you can do if you believe you are being stalked.