Parks and Activities Nearby
Since 1871, when Military Park was established, Newton has continually added parks and amenities to meet public demand. Today, 17 parks and over 8.5 miles of bike/jogging path provide easy access to green space and outdoor activities. New amenities are frequently added to meet evolving public interests. From boating to baseball, disc golf to doggie play areas, Newton parks offer something for everyone!
Find the park for you.
Search by location with Google Maps
Or search by activity:
- Use the directory below.
- Choose an activity from the Amenities or Category drop-down menus.
- Then click on Park Name for address, maps and directions.
- Hike/bike path
- Hike/Bike Paths
Established in 2002, this natural park is located north west of the Blue Sky sculpture at Centennial Park. Nature-inspired and natural "pods" made from recycled Park materials, like rocks and tree logs, provide opportunities for kids to climb and play. Pods are hidden at multiple locations on a winding path bordered by native grasses and wildflowers. The 0.68 mile path encourages kids to follow their sense of adventure, explore and make discoveries.
- Restrooms, drinking fountains, etc- in Centennial Park, on east side of N. Kansas Avenue
- Blue Sky sculpture- south of Pod Park, on west side of N. Kansas Avenue
- Sand Creek Bike Path- north of Pod Park, on west side of N. Kansas Avenue